Skip to main content

My trip to the USA 2024.. The adventure starts!

 Good morning everybody!

Greetings from Pleasant Grove, Utah. I arrived on Tuesday the 13th of August to the SLC international airport, a little before 1 pm (the flight was early...). I traveled together with the returning missionaries. It was so nice! 

I was really tired but I haven't been so tired that I thought I would be. My medicine helps me get my sleep patterns stable and regular. I have been walking a lot and it hurts in the evenings when I have spent a long time walking around. But it's ok. I think I have lost a little more weight, it's so much easier to get around! What a big blessing.

A few months I was still in a wheelchair when I went outside! WOW.

It is a miracle! :)

I took a little break in writing. Hope you don't mind hahhah! 

This country is very interesting! :) stores and such have so different "infrastructure", I don't know if that's the right word... And a town or city is not separate or like far from each other. You just kinda swoosh into the next one with the car hah. In Finland there is a countryside between cities and towns. Like woods, lakes and nature. That being said: I love the mountains.

The people here are so nice and I tell most people I meet that I am from Finland! <3 

When I went to Deseret books, the lady who checked my Temple recommend didn't understand that I don't live here and she looked at my name too and said that it is a beautiful name. She told basically all people within hearing distance, that my name is Cindarella! haha.

I am going to Barnes and Noble, a bookstore today and also to Deseret bookstore again.

The jet lag doesn't exist for me, not yet at least. I have melatonin for the evenings and caffeine pills for the morning... :) it's really good. I have an own kind of "suite" here at my friend's place and a toilet and shower all to myself, and a walk-in closet. Everything is so nice! 

It's pitch black outside still, it's soon six AM. In Finland the sun would be shining by now lol.

This country is very different and the people have good manners and children are pretty well-behaved. I did get a very evil stare at Walmart when me and my friend were shopping together with her baby, a little over a year old Johannes. He stopped (the mean starer) and looked angry or something, maybe he thought we are a Rainbow Family. But we're not. That is just such a weird thought, in Finland first of all, a lot more people dare be openly LGBTQIA+++ and it is more visible, but the fact is, there are just as many of them here than there, nobody just has the guts to show it. No wonder though, look at the news.

I have not said anything political here except that I think some cars smell different from the exhaust when they have been getting gas in a certain country that shall be here unnamed... It does smell weird lol. There are differences. It used to be cheaper to get gas there and no wonder it smelled wrong then. I am not an expert on exhaust smells but anyway... That came out wrong, sorry! lol

I am so scared to talk politics here... Because if you know me at all, I am very much like Beyoncé's ex's stuff... (to the left to the left) hahhah! YOU try find a member of the church HERE with similar opinions as me?!? Good luck! ha. 

It's now six AM. I might start getting ready soon.

I also feel a lot more happy here, very little anxiety! That is such a big blessing...

I am doing pretty well today, always a little worried about stuff though.

More later!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression in the dark

 Good morninng or whatever time it is when you read this! I hope you're doing well. I have been feeling a lot better than I usually feel in November. I think that my depression hasn't been bothering me for a while now. I am feeling a lot better, especially mentally. My right leg has a neurological damage and my leg is often very painful and I have no pain meds for it, because the pain is in the NERVE, no regular pain medicine can help and I have heard you get very loopy of the nerve pain kind of meds lol. I do NOT want to be loopy! Especially not from a medicine!  I have been feeling a lot more stable and even in my emotional life. I have been at home a lot. My friend Johanna helped me a lot many times when I needed to get around. I use a wheelchair outside my home. Because if I get a pain attack in my leg, I really can't walk and/or stand. Yesterday I had a lot of pain because on Sunday I needed to use my walker a bit at church. The pain came a little late, but it did come...

The Temple again :)

 Good morning dear reader(z), That Z only or mostly makes sense to those who have seen my "Cinderella monster" -alter ego videos made with snapchat! ha ha ha! At the end of each video I say: Hugzzz and kisezzz! lol. Yeah, I am weird. But so is my alter ego "The Cinderella monster"... Yesterday I visited the Temple again! This time I went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I really like it too. I mean, which Temple wouldn't I love?!? lol. They are all a little different but they are all equally beautiful, each in their own way... Like people!  On Friday I got the opportunity to go to BYU campus. I walked around (without my walker, mind you) over 3000 steps! Wau. I had the walker for over FIVE YEARS. Now I am done with it! :) I am SO happy! This trip has kind of transformed me! I am just a lot happier here. The sun is shining, the people are smiling and it's warm!  I so want to come visit soon again! :) I have visited two temples so far. Hopefully another one nex...

A slice of my life blog post :)

 Good afternoon from the cold and distant but friendly country of mine: Finland! 😊 Recently I have really been enjoying my life. I know, life is not easy, nor is it supposed to be easy, but it being easy doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed. If you know what I mean... From time to time I have problems with my mental health, physical health, emotions and feelings. Here are a few things I have really been enjoying lately: - My faith in God and getting stronger in faith. - My mental health improving significantly and becoming happier. - My beloved friends and family, my bonus family and my new friends online and irl. - My political party and the things I can do to help them there. - My own courage increasing, my self-confidence becoming stronger and my understanding expanding. - All the good things I can do (small things) that make the world a little better place. I have had seasons of great depression, worry, anxiety even. I can feel really good in the morning and feel really bad and s...