Skip to main content

Back in Finland again :)

Good morning! 

Hope you're all doing well. I am really good. I came home to my HOME yesterday evening. I slept really badly because there was a full moon, I was not used to sleeping in my own home, in my own bed. I am feeling really good today. The "fernweh" to go back to Utah has not kicked in yet. LOL. It will at some point though. I think about it all the time. It is such a great place. I miss it like crazy. I miss my friends, the Temples, the food, the shops, the sweets too, of course. The sun, the warmth. No anxiety, no depressing thoughts. Not a lot of bad things over there. Maybe some old friends who don't talk with me or some I don't talk to. Or both of us being upset. All kinds of things.

A few things I learned on my trip to Utah:

What a HOODOO is.

Americans smile a lot.

You DO often wear shoes inside.

The toilet, baths and showers are kinda different...

You can basically say "hi" to anyone pretty much anywhere, anytime: Completely normal.

Americans are friendly.

That's a few things. I am so happy I went there. I got a little taste of what it is like, so next time can be even more interesting now that I know "how things work" :) It is really good... I wish to go there next summer. We'll see. You'll see...

I am happy and satisfied. :)

More later!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression in the dark

 Good morninng or whatever time it is when you read this! I hope you're doing well. I have been feeling a lot better than I usually feel in November. I think that my depression hasn't been bothering me for a while now. I am feeling a lot better, especially mentally. My right leg has a neurological damage and my leg is often very painful and I have no pain meds for it, because the pain is in the NERVE, no regular pain medicine can help and I have heard you get very loopy of the nerve pain kind of meds lol. I do NOT want to be loopy! Especially not from a medicine!  I have been feeling a lot more stable and even in my emotional life. I have been at home a lot. My friend Johanna helped me a lot many times when I needed to get around. I use a wheelchair outside my home. Because if I get a pain attack in my leg, I really can't walk and/or stand. Yesterday I had a lot of pain because on Sunday I needed to use my walker a bit at church. The pain came a little late, but it did come...

The Temple again :)

 Good morning dear reader(z), That Z only or mostly makes sense to those who have seen my "Cinderella monster" -alter ego videos made with snapchat! ha ha ha! At the end of each video I say: Hugzzz and kisezzz! lol. Yeah, I am weird. But so is my alter ego "The Cinderella monster"... Yesterday I visited the Temple again! This time I went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I really like it too. I mean, which Temple wouldn't I love?!? lol. They are all a little different but they are all equally beautiful, each in their own way... Like people!  On Friday I got the opportunity to go to BYU campus. I walked around (without my walker, mind you) over 3000 steps! Wau. I had the walker for over FIVE YEARS. Now I am done with it! :) I am SO happy! This trip has kind of transformed me! I am just a lot happier here. The sun is shining, the people are smiling and it's warm!  I so want to come visit soon again! :) I have visited two temples so far. Hopefully another one nex...

A slice of my life blog post :)

 Good afternoon from the cold and distant but friendly country of mine: Finland! 😊 Recently I have really been enjoying my life. I know, life is not easy, nor is it supposed to be easy, but it being easy doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed. If you know what I mean... From time to time I have problems with my mental health, physical health, emotions and feelings. Here are a few things I have really been enjoying lately: - My faith in God and getting stronger in faith. - My mental health improving significantly and becoming happier. - My beloved friends and family, my bonus family and my new friends online and irl. - My political party and the things I can do to help them there. - My own courage increasing, my self-confidence becoming stronger and my understanding expanding. - All the good things I can do (small things) that make the world a little better place. I have had seasons of great depression, worry, anxiety even. I can feel really good in the morning and feel really bad and s...