Skip to main content

the reunion with the family




Good morning! :)

I am back lol. So... I slept in a bit today, woke up after nine! WOW.
That is very unusual for me... But I have the flu.
Yesterday we had the party!  YaY! 

Remember the song from The Little Mermaid? "Part of your world"? I love that song. I have sometimes thought that the world which I would love to be a part of would be this one, I mean here in the USA and with all my friends through the years who have served in Finland as missionaries. They are my people <3 I have always loved the missionaries. 

One of the "golden oldies" who arrived at the end of the party: Sisar Clayton (nowadays Campbell), she was the first sister I was friends with in Tampere, she and I went teaching together, I was helping the sisters doing missionary work. It was in 1994! WOAH. I was 14... It was 30 years ago! WOAH.

The journey has been long. But it has been worth it. I have probably spent more time with all the missionaries, if you string all the times together, than with the "regular" members... No wonder my English is "good" lol. I consider myself a trilingual person... Swedish from my mom, Finnish from my dad and English from the missionaries! (Of course school and the University as well).

But my blessing I got when I was young, does mention the missionaries two times! 

That's two more times than it mentions that I would become a mom and have kids. 

SO, I was not made to be a mom. But it's completely fine. I need to stay sane.

The family "mess" we had from the beginning of 2023 was quite interesting and I don't give it enough credit,  I mean I have forgotten how great our family was back then... We were a little wild. And special. We had six missionaries back then and the older couple: The Cardon's, whom hosted the party yesterday. We had SO much fun yesterday.

I happen to have a good memory and I could recount stories and fill in where others didn't remember.

Most of that family was present and accounted for.

I am so happy. Friends are the salt of the Earth and mean a lot to me.

One elder who left before this wild group, also saw that we have been a little crazy.. I mean, it's not hard to see lol. :D I remember it pretty well... I knitted scarves for two of the elders: Frantz and Watson. (Watson couldn't make it to the party). I remember the panic when I needed to finish them before they left Tampere. I hope they like their scarves. I knitted at times night and day lol haha.

I must say that my current medicine and my well-balanced mind and circumstances are pretty good for me and I am a lot healthier both physically and mentally... I have released 44 pounds, I think. Like 20 kilos. I can walk without my walker, even though it still hurts bad. But I can make it work. 

FYI: this is the blog about what happens on this side of the "pond", the missionary blog is:


Yeah. I am almost ready to shut that one down... Let me know if you want to keep it around...

Well, that's as much as I can squeeze out my head right now.

More later! :) 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression in the dark

 Good morninng or whatever time it is when you read this! I hope you're doing well. I have been feeling a lot better than I usually feel in November. I think that my depression hasn't been bothering me for a while now. I am feeling a lot better, especially mentally. My right leg has a neurological damage and my leg is often very painful and I have no pain meds for it, because the pain is in the NERVE, no regular pain medicine can help and I have heard you get very loopy of the nerve pain kind of meds lol. I do NOT want to be loopy! Especially not from a medicine!  I have been feeling a lot more stable and even in my emotional life. I have been at home a lot. My friend Johanna helped me a lot many times when I needed to get around. I use a wheelchair outside my home. Because if I get a pain attack in my leg, I really can't walk and/or stand. Yesterday I had a lot of pain because on Sunday I needed to use my walker a bit at church. The pain came a little late, but it did come...

The Temple again :)

 Good morning dear reader(z), That Z only or mostly makes sense to those who have seen my "Cinderella monster" -alter ego videos made with snapchat! ha ha ha! At the end of each video I say: Hugzzz and kisezzz! lol. Yeah, I am weird. But so is my alter ego "The Cinderella monster"... Yesterday I visited the Temple again! This time I went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I really like it too. I mean, which Temple wouldn't I love?!? lol. They are all a little different but they are all equally beautiful, each in their own way... Like people!  On Friday I got the opportunity to go to BYU campus. I walked around (without my walker, mind you) over 3000 steps! Wau. I had the walker for over FIVE YEARS. Now I am done with it! :) I am SO happy! This trip has kind of transformed me! I am just a lot happier here. The sun is shining, the people are smiling and it's warm!  I so want to come visit soon again! :) I have visited two temples so far. Hopefully another one nex...

A slice of my life blog post :)

 Good afternoon from the cold and distant but friendly country of mine: Finland! 😊 Recently I have really been enjoying my life. I know, life is not easy, nor is it supposed to be easy, but it being easy doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed. If you know what I mean... From time to time I have problems with my mental health, physical health, emotions and feelings. Here are a few things I have really been enjoying lately: - My faith in God and getting stronger in faith. - My mental health improving significantly and becoming happier. - My beloved friends and family, my bonus family and my new friends online and irl. - My political party and the things I can do to help them there. - My own courage increasing, my self-confidence becoming stronger and my understanding expanding. - All the good things I can do (small things) that make the world a little better place. I have had seasons of great depression, worry, anxiety even. I can feel really good in the morning and feel really bad and s...