Skip to main content

the magic of maintaining good mental health

 HI! 

Rants are over. You do you, sis bro and everyone.

I have had mental health problems since I was 17. My first diagnoses were psychosis and my development in my teenage years were locked and eventually very delayed. Even I can see how I were a lot younger in my head, and have been a little delayed in all my emotional, mental and I didn't grow up until fairly recently. The reason? Trauma. I was bullied in school for 10 years, on my mini mission in Jyväskylä my first psychosis started. Medication has been keeping me going for these 28 years since... It also made me feel a deep gratitude for all the missionaries, who supported me so much during my time in the hospital (8 months in total), and ever since. Except a few months last year when we had a "little disagreement". I sobbed for months. I have been trying to put it all behind me. The thing is, in fact, that people should not throw stones, unless they are perfect. Don't get me started! :D Haha! 

Here are some ways I can try to help lessen my anxiety whenever I feel anxiety:

- pray to my Heavenly Father

- read and study the word of God i.e. the scriptures

- listen to good music

- read good books (if you can concentrate) 

-journal

- eat a little

- rest and/or take a nap

You can also chat with a friend, organize your doll collection if you have one, watch a nice movie or something, for example YouTube... I also sometimes need to take a medicine that helps with anxiety. Usually, if all these methods have been put into action, then the anxiety should go away. Occupying the brain with other stuff helps often. To distract you away from anxiety.


More later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression in the dark

 Good morninng or whatever time it is when you read this! I hope you're doing well. I have been feeling a lot better than I usually feel in November. I think that my depression hasn't been bothering me for a while now. I am feeling a lot better, especially mentally. My right leg has a neurological damage and my leg is often very painful and I have no pain meds for it, because the pain is in the NERVE, no regular pain medicine can help and I have heard you get very loopy of the nerve pain kind of meds lol. I do NOT want to be loopy! Especially not from a medicine!  I have been feeling a lot more stable and even in my emotional life. I have been at home a lot. My friend Johanna helped me a lot many times when I needed to get around. I use a wheelchair outside my home. Because if I get a pain attack in my leg, I really can't walk and/or stand. Yesterday I had a lot of pain because on Sunday I needed to use my walker a bit at church. The pain came a little late, but it did come...

The Temple again :)

 Good morning dear reader(z), That Z only or mostly makes sense to those who have seen my "Cinderella monster" -alter ego videos made with snapchat! ha ha ha! At the end of each video I say: Hugzzz and kisezzz! lol. Yeah, I am weird. But so is my alter ego "The Cinderella monster"... Yesterday I visited the Temple again! This time I went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I really like it too. I mean, which Temple wouldn't I love?!? lol. They are all a little different but they are all equally beautiful, each in their own way... Like people!  On Friday I got the opportunity to go to BYU campus. I walked around (without my walker, mind you) over 3000 steps! Wau. I had the walker for over FIVE YEARS. Now I am done with it! :) I am SO happy! This trip has kind of transformed me! I am just a lot happier here. The sun is shining, the people are smiling and it's warm!  I so want to come visit soon again! :) I have visited two temples so far. Hopefully another one nex...

A slice of my life blog post :)

 Good afternoon from the cold and distant but friendly country of mine: Finland! 😊 Recently I have really been enjoying my life. I know, life is not easy, nor is it supposed to be easy, but it being easy doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed. If you know what I mean... From time to time I have problems with my mental health, physical health, emotions and feelings. Here are a few things I have really been enjoying lately: - My faith in God and getting stronger in faith. - My mental health improving significantly and becoming happier. - My beloved friends and family, my bonus family and my new friends online and irl. - My political party and the things I can do to help them there. - My own courage increasing, my self-confidence becoming stronger and my understanding expanding. - All the good things I can do (small things) that make the world a little better place. I have had seasons of great depression, worry, anxiety even. I can feel really good in the morning and feel really bad and s...